Today's devotion is provided by The Reformed Church in America: Devotions for Short-Term Missions
This week, you will have the opportunity to spend 30 to 45 minutes each day in solitude: reflecting on God’s Word, journaling, and praying. God is calling for you. Take advantage of this time to listen for God’s whisper.
- Why do you think that God came to Elijah in the gentle whisper instead of in the wind, fire, or earthquake?
- Why do you think Jesus was led to the desert after his baptism, before he began his ministry?
- Why do you think Jesus found it necessary to retreat to a quiet place to pray so frequently?
- Are there a lot of distractions in your life?
- What are they distracting you from?
- Do you feel hurried?