Forgiving someone can be difficult. Why do we need to forgive others? How can we forgive a person? The Bible can provide us with answers, inspiration and direction.
Actually, forgiveness is not only about others, but also about our own spiritual growth. Love and forgiveness cannot be separated. If we choose to live out the love of God as the purpose of our life, then forgiving is an option that cannot be avoided.
- Because we are sinners we should forgive others. Matthew 6:14-15; Colossians 3:13; Ephesians 4:31-32
- Be ready to forgive over and over again. Matthew 18: 21-22
- To avoid making others be overwhelmed. 2 Corinthians 2:5-8
- Love will lead to forgiving others. 1 Corinthians 13:4 – 6
- Priority when it comes to forgiving others. Matthew 5:23-24
- Forgive others rather than judge others: Luke 6:37; John 8:7
- A remarkable example of forgiveness. Acts 7:59-60
- Jesus is our Model. Luke 23:33-34
- Jesus’ command to us. Luke 17:3-4
- How to treat enemies. Romans 12:20