Following Jesus Takes Practice
Why do we need to become a disciple of Jesus? The simple one word answer is the subject of our first lesson - "sin." Once we learn the why, then the question becomes how? Well, it takes knowing what to do and then doing it! Here's the fall lineup for KidZone:
- Sept. 18 - "Light in a Sinful World" - We become part of God's family by accepting Jesus. "Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." Acts 10:43
- Sept. 25 - "Doers of the Word" - Learning about God's Word leads us to know Him and teaches us how to obey Him. "I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold." Psalm 119:127
- Oct. 2 - "Taking Action" - Meeting the needs of others can open the door for sharing faith. We will take part in the Kairos Ministry by making placemats for inmates.
- Oct. 16 - "One Spirit" - As God's family, we are united in love for God and others. "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." 1 Corinthians 12:27 and:
- "Teach us to Pray" - God wants us to talk to Him. "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2
- Oct. 23 -"Who's Your Neighbor" - Obeying the intent of God's law helps us break down barriers between people. "Love you neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27. We will fill shoeboxes with gifts for children who have very little to call their own.
- Oct. 30 - "Telling my Story" - Witness with love and respect. "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18.
- Nov. 6 - "Faithful Friends" - Be a true friend! "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:4.
- Nov. 13 - "Using my Gifts" - Using our abilities pleases God and brings us joy. "Each of you should use whatever gift he has received to serve others." 1 Peter 4:10
- Nov. 20 - "Here I Am, Lord" - Because God made us and is with us, we can do the good things He asks us to do. "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good words." Ephesians 2:10