Today's devotion is provided by The Reformed Church in America: Devotions for Short-Term Missions
Mark 10:17-31 is one of those passages many of us would rather ignore. Like the rich man, we would have a hard time giving up all of our possessions for God. But sometimes God does ask us to serve in ways that feel extreme to us, ways that require sacrifice. Putting God above everything else in your life is no small commitment. Are you ready to make it?
- Can you relate to the rich man?
- Would you give up everything you own to follow Jesus?
- Why would Jesus ask the man to do that?
- Could God be asking you to sacrifice something in your own life? What might it be?
- Can suffering actually be a good thing?
- Are you willing to suffer for Christ? Have you? How?
- What are the things you tend to ignore in the Bible? Why?