Today's devotion is provided by The Reformed Church in America: Devotions for Short-Term Missions
Anxiety and the things of this world often consume our lives. This world tells us to constantly focus on ourselves: how we feel, what we need, what makes us happy. Yet the Scriptures constantly remind us that it is not about us. We don’t need to worry because our power comes from God. We matter because we are children of God, and our focus should not be on ourselves, but on our creator.
- What makes you anxious? Why?
- Do you really think God will take care of you?
- What causes you to lose heart?
- What do you think is the “god” of our age?
- What does Paul mean when he tells us to fix our eyes on what is unseen instead of what is seen?