The Vestry is the governing body of our church.
Terry Jenkins '18
Ashley Sires '20
Wayne Phillips '20
JoCarol Ayer '19
Mo Fleming '20
Steve Coffin '19
Philip Hartlieb '18
Nelson Huggins '18
Gerry Graves '19
In January each year, selected members are nominated to serve three year terms. Our experience over the past several years has led us to continue the practice of nominating only enough vestry nominees to fill the vacancies. Through prayerful discernment, the nominating committee selects those persons who will best serve Christ St-Paul’s and fulfill the scriptural requirements for those undertaking the awesome responsibility of leadership in Christ’s church. All nominees must give their permission to be nominated, and agree to abide by the guidelines of vestry service.
GUIDELINES FOR VESTRY SERVICE
1. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as the Son of God, acknowledge Him as your Savior, and surrender to Him as Lord of your life?
(Acts 4:12; John 1:12-12; John 14:6)
2. Are you committed, as God enables you, to worship with your parish family every week?
(Deuteronomy 5:12-15; Luke 4:16; Hebrews 10:19-25)
3. Are you involved in (or actively seeking) some form of Christian Ministry by which you will give your time and talents to or through your church?
(Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 12:7; Matthew 25:14-30)
4. Are you working to develop your personal devotional life through regular prayer and study, and through regular gatherings with a small group of Christians for fellowship, study and prayer?
(Mark 1:35; Mark 9:2; Matthew 18:19-22; 1 John 4:19-21)
5. Are you and your family committed to trusting God with a pledge of your anticipated income, with the tithe (10 %) as the standard?
(Malachi 3:10; Mark 12:41-44; Acts 4:32-37)
6. Are you prepared (or will you learn) to seek opportunities to give verbal witness to your faith, describing in appropriate ways God’s action in Jesus Christ, and His work in your life?
(Romans 10:9-10; 14-17; 1 Peter 3:15; Acts 1:8)
7. Do you accept the responsibility of giving witness to your faith through your living, maintaining a good reputation with all people and manifesting the fruit of the Spirit in such ways that Christ is glorified?
(1 Timothy 3:2-7; Romans 12:1-2; Titus 1:5-9)
8. Are you willing to serve as an “elder” of your congregation, seeking only Christ’s will for his church, and giving as much attention to the spiritual life of the congregation as to the financial and administrative decisions?
(Acts 1:21; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31)
9. Are you willing to support parish functions-social and spiritual-with your work and attendance, and to place parish activities high on your list of priorities?
(Ephesians 4:1-2, 11-16; Acts 2:42, 44-46)
10. Are you committed to attend every meeting of the vestry, to participate in the annual training retreat, and to pray daily for your parish?