Today's Reading: Psalm 21
You cannot save yourself. Only God can save you. He saved you because of his ‘unfailing love’. Therefore, like David, put your trust in him today (v.7).
This psalm begins with David praising God for his salvation: ‘The king [David] shall joy in your strength, O Lord; and in your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!’ (v.1, AMP).
In this passage we see some of the many blessings that salvation includes:
- Answered prayer: ‘You have given him his heart’s desire and have not withheld the request of his lips’ (v.2, AMP).
- Unending blessings: ‘You send blessings of good things... You set a crown of pure gold on his head... You make him to be blessed and a blessing forever’ (vv.3,6a, AMP).
- Eternal life: ‘He asked life of you, and you gave it to him – long life forever and evermore’ (v.4, AMP).
- Victorious living: ‘Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty’ (v.5).
- Joy and gladness: ‘You make him exceedingly glad with the joy of your presence’ (v.6b, AMP).